The most important functions of Site Journal for Windows and MacOS
Company lists: names of companies or people have to be entered just once. This company information is simply accessed when making entries for daily progress reports later.
Auto text completer: all text entries are saved and proposed for future entries (Auto Complete), so creating a comprehensive library of editable text blocks over time. This can be imported into other projects.
Mobile working: an App for iPhone, iPad, Android tablet or smartphone allows convenient data entry directly during a site inspection with full access to the list of companies.
Full documentation: The following log items are processed like a check list so that no important entries are forgotten:
- Construction site occupation
- Day's work of each company
- Performance status (text, photos)
- Defects (text, photos)
- (Partial) acceptance processes
- Instructions given to companies
- Additional comment
- Important building operations
- Tests and measurements
- Unusual incidents
- Deliveries of building materials
- Planned deliveries
- Equipments and machines
Logos: your own company logo is displayed as the header in each daily construction report. In addition, a second logo can be integrated, for example, that of the client.
PDF print: the daily construction reports can be stored as pdf files and be uploaded at the server or sent by email.
Email function: Send the daily construction reports via email to predefined distribution lists. You can define multiple distribution list, eg for different project phases. The letter can be defined and changed by variables for date, numbers of report etc., and the text is flexibly configurable.
- Employees and time recording: the employees at the site can be documented either gross (number of people) or in detail (skilled worker, workers, foremen, etc.) either with or without recording the times. This can be entered by clock hours (from-to), as well as absolute numbers of hours deducted pause times. The data are analyzed using configurable lists of the whole project or a part thereof.
- Equipments and machines: the recording of equipments and machines is similar to the employees at the site, with or without recording the times by clock hours (from-to), as well as absolute numbers of hours deducted pause times.
Photos: individual photos or an entire photo directory can be added differentiated by performance level, inadequacies and hindrances. You can assign the fotos to the companies (useful fpr the documentation of inadequacies). All construction site photos of a project are sorted chronologically in a photo album for easy review.
- Draw and write to the photo: photos can be completed with drawing elements, numbers and text. For photos of inadequacies, for example, it is often necessary to be marked with an arrow where exactly is the location of the inadequacy and specify in addition with a text, what exactly is criticized. Also you can annotate a photo with numbers, only to refer in the text to it. The Photo Editor has lines, circles, ellipses, rectangles, squares, polylines, freehand lines, text and lots of arrows and symbols. The objects can be scaled, rotated, line width and color can be changed.
- Drawing: The sketch editor has the same functionality on a white background and is particularly useful if you want to clarify something described in the text with a quick drawing. This is particularly the possibility of freehand drawing.
Photo albums online: automated generation of photo albums of different layouts as HTML site and upload to the Internet directly from the program. In the photo album created in this way are either photos of all of the daily site reports of a project or just of selected reports, sorted chronologically with comments, company assignment and date at a glance.
Document management: the delivery of drawings and documents can be reported. You can add the files of drawings and documents to the daily report and open it by one mouse click directly from each report.
- Inadequacy management: inadequacies of all, several, or a particular daily report can be printed in a list of inadequacies. The inadequacies of one or more companies can be selected and filtered. Sorted by date of detection or time to eliminate inadequacies by company name.
- Spell checking: A powerful spell checker flags spelling errors as you type and suggests corrections, or adding to a custom dictionary. For German, English, Spanish, Greek, Romanian, Russian and Finnish.
- Analysis functions: all entries are recorded in customizable lists by date range, one or more companies, etc. (eg printout of all daily construction reports with delays in the date range from-to).
- Search and find: a powerful search function lets you search through the entire data for names or any other catchwords. For example, you can create a list of all daily progress reports containing the word "concrete" from where you can jump to each of the hits found.
- Import and export: you can import addresses and export the list of companies to CSV text files for later use in programs like Excel or Outlook.
- Model reports: You can save repeated text entries and time by creating "typical" daily progress reports as sample forms.
Languages: for international construction sites you can create the construction diary in English, German, Spanish, Greek, Romanian, Finnish or Russian.
© Copyright by Bauskript Software, Wolfram Oehms
- User online.